The purpose of this video is to show you the whole process behind creating a bedroom interior in Blender. It will help you gain a better perspective on Interior visualization using Blender.
This article will guide you to learn modeling, texturing and lighting techniques that I have used in the video.
- Use ‘/’ instead of ‘Shift+H’:
Numpad slash ‘/’ is the shortcut for isolating an object in blender. It isolates the selected object(s) and immediately zooms in to them. Hitting the key again exits Isolate mode and pulls the view back to its original position. Alternatively ‘Shift + H’ (Hide the unselected objects) and ‘Alt+H’ (Unhide all) can be used for achieving similar result. But, Numpad Slash ‘/’ is the best way to isolate objects because it does not mess with the view-port visibility of the objects and makes it easy to edit object(s) multiple times.
- Mirror modifier: Basically, the Mirror modifier can be used for copy all the mesh data in your object, and flip it along their local X, Y, or Z-axis. Most of the furniture and decors possesses symmetry. So the best tool to handle such objects is the mirror modifier.
- Link assets from an external blend file: The link command allows you to link an asset (object, collection or scene) from an external blend file. However, the imported asset can not be edited and maintains a connection to the original file. This is a useful method for handling assets in a library. Because any changes made to the original file will be reflected by simply reloading the link in the current project. Workflow: File> Link> from the file browser, find the blend file from library > select the collection from the blend file and click the link. Now, you’ll be able to access the asset along with an empty to move, scale, and rotate the asset.
- Import PBR maps: Node wrangler addon is one of the best tools for handling nodes in Blender. To import PBR image textures in one shot, select the principled BSDF shader and press ‘Ctrl+Shift+T’
- Shadow: Introduce shadow in a scene using simple shapes.
Now you’ve learned some useful techniques. Go ahead, try it and let us know your opinion in the comment section👇.